Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our customers. If you still can't find an answer or have a specific question, please send a request to us directly:
DMC Power’s obligation is limited to the correction or replacement of any unit which proves defective in material or workmanship under normal use and service:
- 1 Year Warranty after delivery to the first user on all Swage Connectors, Power Units, Yokes, Die Blocks, repair parts and labor
- 90 Day Warranty after delivery to the first user on Swage Dies and Hydraulic Pumps
- No warranty exists regarding the compatibility of our Swage Connectors / Swage Tooling with connectors / tooling products of others
The full terms of our Product Return Policy can be found here.
DMC Power Swage Tooling and connectors are not certified or authorized to be used with any connector or tool not manufactured by DMC Power. Our Swage System has been designed, tested and manufactured to perform as a mate. If this mated system is compromised for any reason its safety and performance is unknown as it has not been tested. Please read our Swage Safety Advisory Bulletin for more information.
Yes, all tooling and connectors can be purchased through your Territory Manager.
Yes, we have customers located around the world and can ship connectors and tools anywhere.
Design / Engineering
You can view our customer PDF Drawings 24 hours a day. If you need an Autocad version, contact your Territory Manager or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, we meet and exceed all testing requirements for the industry.
All of our connectors are designed to exceed their listed maximum rating.
Yes, many of our connectors have developed from customer requests. All design, testing and manufacturing is completed on-site at our facilities, allowing us to make any part in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Our Swage Tooling is very simple to use and consists of three major components:
- Hydraulic Pump - provides 10,000 psi of pressure to the Power Unit
- We offer Gas, Electric and Battery pump options.
- Power Unit - extends and retracts an internal piston that is connected to the Die Block using hydraulic pressure
- We offer 5 sizes of Power Units, depending on if its a Bus, Cable, Ground or Full Tension application
- Head Assembly - connected to the Power Unit and comprised of three main sub-components: Yoke, Die Block and Swage Dies. The Swage Dies rest in the Yoke and Die Block to make the 360° Swage onto the connector. The Die Block is connected to the Power Unit piston and the Yoke attaches to the side of the Power Unit to provide a "backstop" for the Die Block.
- We offer 24 different Head Assembly options, depending on the outside diameter (OD) of the connector and Power Unit combination
Once the Power Unit is determined all you need to know if the OD of the connector being used. Check out our online Tooling Selector to help select the proper Swage Tool for your application.
There is no charge for our training and we can have your crews back to work within 30 minutes.
Yes, Contact us to conduct a free trial or for more information on our rental and lease programs.