From #6 to 4326, Swaging is the cable solution
Utilities use a variety of specialized substation Cable connectors to distribute power as a flexible alternative to bus. Unfortunately, this flexible material is often difficult to work with. Bird-caging, hot spots, excessive voids and uneven compression leads to constant maintenance and repairs. But that’s all a thing of the past with our line of substation Cable connectors and Swage system technology.
By utilizing the DMC Power Swage system you are guaranteed to have a complete 360° connection around any cable. Swaging produces a virtually void-free, maximum conductivity connection that far surpasses any other bolted, welded or crimped connection system.
Advantages of our Substation Cable Connectors
- Save time by using one swage instead of multiple crimps
- Superior electrical performance due to a virtually void free swage
- Finished pads allow both sides of the tang to be used equally as a connection surface
- Tin plated option is available for use with valuable copper cable
- Installation is quick and easy with our lightweight tooling
- Reduces your tooling needs by working on a large range of wire sizes that are bundled into a small number of barrel OD’s
- Complete Engineering, Testing, and Manufacturing facilities in-house at our Headquarters
- Custom sizes and configurations designed to fit the requirements of your substation cable connectors
- EHV connectors rated up to 500kV
- Easy to use! Our simple Cable SOP will train and certify users in less than 30 minutes