GC888 Dual Split Cap Parallel
DMC Power's newest grounding connector is the GC888 Dual Split Cap Parallel – or triple 8's for short. The application is very similar to our GC721 single split cap parallel but you can immediately see two distinct design differences:
- The shape of the connector uses less copper material. This slim design lowers the cost but still provides the highest quality connection possible.
- The dual side lids slide out completely, allowing you to easily install this connector over #2 AWG, 4/0 AWG & 250 kcmil cable sizes.
Just like all our other connectors, the GC888 uses our lightweight DLT45 Swage tool for fast, safe, all-weather installation without any open flames, gasses or any other hazards you might encounter with other connection systems.
Inspection couldn't be easier either. With our simple "Go/No-Go Gauge" you just measure the level of compression on the outside radius and when it fits you’re guaranteed to have a lifetime of worry free grounding.
Finally, multiple installation configurations are possible. Just bend the cable and you can use it as a riser, splice, tee and even a cross! Check out our Grounding Alternatives page for more information.
Tested And Certified
DMC Power worked with Kinectrics to provide independent, third party testing for our GC888 connectors. We’re proud to say that the GC888 passed every test.
- Current-Temperature Cycling Test - All connectors met the temperature criteria during the current-temperature cycling test.
- Freeze-Thaw Cycling Test - All four (4) ACID sequential samples from batch of four (4) samples met the resistance criteria specified in IEEE Std. 837-2002.
- Corrosion Tests - All connectors passed the visual evaluations conducted after the corrosion tests. The surfaces of connectors were rusty and had light to moderate pitting. The resistance ratios of the salt fog sequence samples were within the acceptable range, well below the 1.5 ratio.
- Fault Current Tests - All connectors passed the visual evaluation conducted after the fault current test. All four (4) SALT FOG sequential samples from batch of four (4) samples, after the fault current test, met the resistance criteria specified in IEEE Std. 837-2002.
- Sequential Testing - GC888B004-004 swaged, ground grid connectors connected to 250 mcm copper conductor on both sides passed the requirements of Sequential Testing as specified in IEEE Std. 837-2002 as tested.
- EMF Test - All connectors passed the visual evaluations conducted after the fault surges. The resistance ratios of the EMF test samples met the resistance criteria specified in IEEE Std. 837-2002.
Need More Information?
Check out the GC888 product page for more picture and cutsheets. If you'd like to place an order, see the full test reports or schedule an in-person demo for yourself simply contact your local territory manager and let us take care of the rest!