DMC Power manufactures any type of connector solution for your Bus, Cable, Ground, EHV and Transmission needs. So if installation speed, high quality connection, increased safety and lowering your total project costs are important then its time to start Swaging!
Extensive comparative testing shows the DMC Power Swage System outperforms welded, bolted and exothermic counterparts in all major tests, resulting in a superior mechanical, thermal and electrical connection for your substation and transmission needs.
Qualified to meet or exceed all the nationally recognized standards, including ANSI C119.4, NEMA CC1 and IEEE 837, the DMC Power Swage System raises the quality, safety and productivity standards on your job site, rendering conventional connection methods obsolete.
What makes our connectors better?
- It all starts with the raw material. Even if the connection method didn’t matter, the decision to use non-recycled electrolytic copper and 6000 series aluminum alloys would still give our connectors greater conductivity than other connectors using A356 Casted Alloys. The unique properties of these materials not only exceed IACS ratings but also work flawlessly with our 360° Swage tools.
- We machine our connectors. Machining allows us to maintain exact tolerances, which is critical when it comes to maximizing the surface area coverage with your conductor and decreasing resistance.
- Top quality NEMA pads. Our pads are machined from the same 6000 series aluminum alloy that we use for our barrels, not sand casted or forged. By being machined both pad surfaces are already finish and protected against oxidation due to additives we include in the cutting oil. And best of all, they're designed with a larger cross sectional surface area and thicker profile. This means there is no increased resistance to current flow, resulting in connectors that run cooler then what they're connected to.
- TIG Welding. DMC Power chooses to TIG weld instead of MIG weld for a variety of reasons. First, it has less contamination in its weld, thus providing a more precise, smooth, stronger and higher quality weld. Second, TIG produces less sparks, smoke and fumes, resulting in a cleaner and safer work environment for our experienced team of in-house welders. We understand that TIG is certainly a more complex skill to master and requires a longer setup time, but just like you, we’ll never sacrifice employee safety and long-term health for short term gains.
- We make to YOUR specifications. By using components instead of warehousing complete parts we can custom design connectors at any size, any angle for any application.
Need more info?
Check out our parts catalog or individual connector category pages for more information: